In case you weren’t paying attention, I got myself a new baby sister whilst in California.
That’s right, my little brother, Alan, got hitched.
Diana is a lovely person, and I am thrilled to have her join our slightly (cough cough) wacky family.
Wedding bullet points:
- They had their friends perform “I Can’t Help Falling in Love with You” on ukuleles for the processional. It was awesome and should happen more.
- Alan had three attendants, one of which was my niece, the ever adorable Princess O. She looked resplendent, if not a tiny bit uncomfortable, in an actual dress and ballet flats.
- Their friend, Susan, did the officiating.
- The boys made it through the whole ceremony without taking off their ties.
- Princess O made it through without crying (though it looked touch and go there for a while), as did I.
- The reception was low key and great, with appetizer platters, sangria, and desserts galore.
- Not one child injured another with a bocce ball.
- I had the honor of being the official witness on the marriage license.
- I did not release any doves, though I sure thought about it.
We had a wonderful time, and I hope that they did too. I’m so happy for them.